You can put SimageM2M in the core of a vending-machine operation. All self-service devices will be networked via GPRS, Wi-Fi, or Ethernet and connected to the SimageM2M server.
In corporate HQ, you will be able to see a large map of the city (via a special widget in the SimageM2M Client interface), with your vending machines marked on it. You could easily see which vending machines generate the most revenue, by the color of the spot on the map.
When a vending machine runs out of stock, your service agents will get an automatic email (or SMS) message, and would then be able to immediately restock it, in the most efficient way possible. And if a vending machine breaks, your repair crew will get immediate notification via SMS, including a description of the problem (i.e, error code and a text description of what part is broken).
If you sell goods which expire (such as sandwiches, for example) your machine could automatically alert a system operator that it has stock which is about to expire. The machine could even request operator OK to begin a special sale, and when the OK is given, prices for that specific sandwich type would go down so that it would sell before it expires.
You could generate special reports with the click of a button, such as best-selling machines, best-selling items, items slowest to move, and areas in the city where the most breakage and damage occurs to machines (i.e, where most service calls are). This gives you an unprecedented level of control and efficiency.
- Quickly connect PC-based kiosks and vending machines by running open-source Java or .NET implementation of SimageM2M Agent
- Connect self-service devices with custom hardware using programmable Agents or software drivers
- Batch configuration and content distribution (promotions, price updates, etc.)
- Remote monitoring of your machines to reduce the number of onsite service visits
- Collect statistics about sales, cash, breakdowns, and stocks
- Schedule device operations, such as self-testing
- Auto-initiate maintenance to block operations until all necessary actions are performed by service staff
- Wide range of built-in tools for sales data analysis: reports, query language, charts, etc.
- Notify support staff and maintenance engineers about problems using e-mail, SMS, or other methods
- Store and export sales operation and incident history
- Track custom asset information (machine number and location, contact of responsible person, etc.)
- Manage stock levels, supplier costs/quality, product expiration dates, etc.
- Set up different access permissions for administrators, support personnel, suppliers, and operators
- Integrate with accounting applications using open-source APIs
- Ongoing implementation of EVA-DTS specification support
- Out-of-stock reduction
- Refill visits and supply chain optimisation
- Improved assortment segmentation
- Faster implementation of new commercial policies
- Predictive maintenance
- Increased service level and profitability